Sunday, June 19, 2011

FIRST TIME -- DAD

Fathers Day is special every year but this one is especially so in my family. Earlier this year I shared a photo taken minutes after my son became a first time Dad. You can view his joy with a click here for "Family Togetherness." Actually, you get a bonus with first time Mother (my 'other daughter') delighting in her son. Of course the star of the photo is my new, first and only grandson.

Dads everywhere can likely recall the overwhelming feelings of love they felt with their firstborns and subsequent births. I wish my husband had still been living to experience the wonder of this new life in our midst. I wish my son and his Dad could have had what I imagine would have been a unique, now shared experience of both being fathers.

A special salute to all those Dads who've given their support, their counsel not only when all is well but during challenging times and most of all for their unconditional love.

7 comments:

  1. The first child or grandchild brings a special joy that is unique and can never be rivaled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a beautiful post full of love for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet Father's Day Post, my dear.....It certainly means a great deal when your father was wondeful, and or when your husband was a good father and now--your son is a wonderful father.....HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post JoAnn. I think this must have been a very special Father's Day for your son...and I'm guessing both of our husbands were overseeing things from above. ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, lovely photos (in the post before). That's one broth of a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot tell if my comment went through, but here goes another. Lovely photo. Grandchildren are such a delight. Fun for you and let the parents do the hard work ;~)) Congratulations, Dianne

    ReplyDelete