Sunday, July 30, 2017

DELIGHT -- DUPLICITY -- DILEMMA

Delight

A few weekends ago I made a quick stop at one of my grocers.   Surprisingly-to-me I discovered an outdoor charcoal grill setup in the parking lot.   Barbecued pork short ribs were cooking – just like the ones I’ve enjoyed from there in years past that they featured only on a few summer holidays.   I learned these ribs are being offered every weekend this summer.   So, I’m indulging myself a bit with these tasty ribs before  I return most of the rest of the year to my usual foods. 


Duplicity

Definitions include:

contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action 

the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action. 
  
dishonest talk or behaviour, especially by saying different things to two people


Duplicity reminds me of words I hear coming from the White House almost every day.

Questions.....Questions.....Questions.....


Is there such a thing as duplicitous loyalty?

Is this President really loyal to the intent of the United States
of America's Constitution?

Is a Presidential appointee's first loyalty to the U.S. Constitution or the President?


Dilemma

Did you ever wonder what on earth goes on inside the clothes washing machine?  Ever since I’ve had this low-water-using front loading machine, all the clothes do is spin round and round, plop for a bit sopping up a skimpy amount of water that runs over them,  then sudsy water spins through them, followed by what seems to be only a bit more  water being added, and finally more spinning.    Do they really get clean I wonder, when I think of all that water they used to swish around in with my top loader? 

Then, like the other night, I took the clothes out of the washer to put in my dryer and what a conglomeration!   Somehow, in that washer, the different pieces when initially placed individually inside had developed a great affinity for one another … dare I say, possibly a romantic attachment  between and among  certain outer garments with some of my undergarments, given how wrapped around each other they’d become.   Pajama legs running through bra straps with other parts peeking out of a pull-over top’s sleeves.  Often other items are twisted around each other like pretzels.  The whole scene is clearly X-rated to the degree it might not even be allowed on the Deep Dark Web.

But, I just toss them in the dryer and hope their passions get satisfied by the time I’m ready to retrieve them.  Inevitably, that’s exactly what happens!  I open the dryer door and all are dry, just innocently lying there, quite separated from one another, ready to be removed to resume their assigned duties.  Often there is one give-away that some sort of monkey business had been going on.  How do I know?  Because there will be at least one item that is turned inside out that I must manually turn properly.  

Life goes on ….. until next time!


21 comments:

  1. Hilarious. A sexy soap opera in the laundry. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why we must be open and alert to what's going on all around us, even where we least expect it.

      Delete
  2. Great, now I'm hungry for ribs on a grill. Ah, they are so good and it's been so long!

    Politics: What a week we've had! Mr. Trump is intend on keeping the country in a constant state of uncertainty and melodrama. He can't separate the country's business from a reality TV show. His loyalty is to himself and no one else when his, and that of his appointees, SHOULD be to the constitution.

    I don't think clothes get as clean in the low water machines. They don't smell as clean either. It is amazing how they sometimes manage to get so tangled up, isn't it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find some ribs where you are. Seems it's always "show time" with this Prez. I, too, wonder how clean the clothes get, but haven't detected an unacceptable state yet.

      Delete
  3. As a matter of fact, yes I have wondered what goes on in the washer. Although I have a top-loader and occasionally a sleeve gets twisted up in a bra strap, what confounds me is when I clearly put a pair of socks in the washer, only one appears in the dryer. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well--the socks disappearing act is a problem all its own. You could do a great service to humanity if you could figure out what's going on there.

      Delete
  4. Hunky Husband always accuses me of putting my clothes into the wash, inside-out. I keep telling him that the washer & dryer are the culprits; but, does he believe me? BTW: He hates the front-loading washer - not because it gets clothes less clean but because he drops so many clothes on the floor trying to transfer them to the dryer.

    The wafting odors of meat cooking on the drill are surely a big selling gimmick. I don't do our normal grocery shopping; but, in stopping by, I've noted that our nearest store does the smoke-in-the-parking-lot thing. It does smell wonderful!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, get annoyed with the front loader for the same reason your HH complains of occurring. Yes, I was weak -- I was seduced by the smoke-in-the-parking-lot, then the wafting aroma when I drew closer eliminated all my resistance.

      Delete
  5. I'm treating my husband to barbecued ribs today, but in the crockpot. I can do a whole slab of babyback ribs in there and not heat up the house or stand over the grill. It's a good recipe; they stay intact and are still tender.

    Lots of front-loading washing machines are terrible to maintain/keep clean and mold-free, too. No thank you. I am holding on to my old top-load, basic Maytag like Grim Death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like a good ribs recipe! Would be interested in trying that, though I would be doing a smaller amount since I use a small crockpot now. As for my clothes washing machine, actually, I like it overall, haven't had any problem keeping it clean, and with no mold. Generally, I'm just washing for myself, so it doesn't get a lot of heavy duty really dirty clothes. I always dry any moisture, leave the door open to dry out after use which doesn't take long in our usual dry air.

      My top loader finally gave out, one of several appliances that coincidentally did so the year my husband died which I wrote about here at the time. Given our need to conserve water in Southern California, the annoyance of having to unload the front-loader is a trade-off. I haven't noticed any unclean odor from my clothes.

      Delete
    2. Happy to send it along. Check your email!

      Delete
  6. I put in a load of laundry while I was at work this afternoon, and thought of this post, and laughed, when I pulled the tangled mess out to put it in the dryer. I always figure most things can be categorized as problems to be solved, or facts of life. That laundry business is a fact of life in my book.

    I love good baby back ribs, but I never do them myself. On the other hand, I just got the best pulled pork recipe in the world. I will share it, since it's so easy:

    Get a nice sized pork butt roast. (I used a five pounder.)
    Put it in your slow cooker.
    Splash Worchestershire sauce over the top -- enough splashes to get some on all the meat.
    Sprinkle 3-5 tablespoons or your favorite dry rub evenly over the top. (I used Emeril's)
    Turn that baby on high for about 8-10 hours.
    Then, turn it to "warm" or "hold" for a couple of hours.
    Let the meat cool just a bit, and then separate the meat from the fat and shred it.
    Mix with your favorite barbeque sauce. I used a pint from a local barbeque joint that I really like.

    That's it! I got enough pulled pork to fill four pint containers, and three of them are in the freezer, ready to pull out for an easy supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your pulled pork recipe -- sounds really easy and good!

      Delete
  7. The main thing that strikes me about the President is the endless lying. Virtually everything he says is either obviously untrue, or soon shown to be untrue after some very basic journalistic research. How he gets away with it I don't know. Presumably because so many loyal Trump supporters still see the lies as truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really defies common sense, doesn't it! Lie to me once raises a question, then twice is a red flag and everything else after that is suspect, but so many people who want to force what they consider to be higher moral and ethical standards on the rest of us overlook this Prez's lies and actions primarily benefitting only the rich, even stealing from the rest.

      Delete
  8. What? They sort themselves out in the dryer? Well! I am done trying to pull them apart before I put them into the dryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine seem to sort themselves out in this dryer -- except for some to turn themselves onside out. All very strange to me.

      Delete
  9. I haven't a clue as to how to operate washer and dryer. I have been thankful for this incompetence keeping me from being assigned the laundry chores; now I have another reason to maintain my ignorance. Dealing with complex tangles surely would be more than I could handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Dick, that's what I refer to as learned helplessness with your clothes washer. My husband had the same problem, especially with the proper loading of our previous dishwasher even though there was a picture on the door. Don't know what he would have done with this new one I had to get a few years ago after he was gone. He didn't embrace the sorting of white from dark colored clothes for separate loads in the clothes washer either, so I chose to do my own separately. We do each seem to have our own limitations and ideas about how to do things, or not, don't we. As an adult I had always had to do my own laundry, going to a laundromat when I was young and single living in an efficiency apt. When he was in similar circumstances he had taken his dirty laundry to a launderer/cleaner and they washed, folded, ironed if needed. I couldn't afford that.

      Delete
    2. I will never again do a load of laundry without wondering what the various and sundry pieces are doing to each other. That was hilarious.

      Ribs are in my wheelhouse - LOL. They helped contribute to the multiple Xs in front of the L on my buffalo petite frame. Great post - a really fun read.

      Delete