Friday, November 05, 2010

RESOLUTION, RECUPERATION, RIDICULOUSNESS

Politicos and pundits dissect, analyze and expound on the significance of the 2010 midterm election results. Some say the outcome should be interpreted as a referendum on our current President and policies, especially health care. Others see the results as a statement that voters continue to want change that brings immediate visible effects on their lives. Most citizens harbor ongoing anger toward the legislative and executive branches whose partisanship has seriously hampered problem solving the issues facing this nation.

Typical low voter turnout in a non-Presidential election year prevailed. The ballots not cast by select groups, especially the young adults who voted two years ago, could have had a significant impact on the election's outcome.

Meanwhile the politicians pose, posture and pontificate about needing to be nonpartisan. Then some blatantly state that those with views different from theirs must completely capitulate which sounds more like gridlock than sincere genuine compromise to me.

Time I take a break from all this madness ...



...with Craig Ferguson, his Robot Skeleton Sidekick Geoff Peterson, Secretariat and Danny DiVito



Poor Secretariat...



Sometimes I need a little bit of craziness in my life to keep my sanity. Ferguson is a talented Scottish guy "from Europe," he says. Now he's a U.S. citizen who recently received his private pilot license.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lighter-hearted punditry!

    P.S. We're using the same Blogger template, so I might be able to help you get YouTube videos to fit more neatly into your space. I'll resort to email for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's over for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ALL need a break away from our country's political mess. I truly feel burned out from it all...and I'll be glad to have some respite from the constant political phone calls and candidate mail I've been getting for the past few months. I really like Craig Ferguson...he's a funny guy. We need a LOT more 'funny' in our lives. Thanks JoAnn... ~Joy

    ReplyDelete