Sunday, September 27, 2020

SCRAMBLED EGGS, BRAINS -- FLYING CARS -- ZERO EMISSIONS

We're getting to the scrambled eggs as I promised in my previous blog post,  but I want to review what else I wrote that was and still is on my mind .....

One of California's largest ever wildfires grown now to over 114,000 acres has threatened for the third time the billion dollars worth of vital communication towers on historic Los Angeles area Mount Wilson but again was repelled.  This Bobcat Wildfire is finally over 63% contained.  The area air quality in my city is slowly improving.

Issues pressing on my mind continue to be associated with the U. S. Presidential election, the Supreme Court Associate Judge replacement situation given the tragic death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the ongoing corona virus threat, perpetual increasing environmental and climate change concerns to name a few matters occupying my thoughts.

Our state's Governor Newsom's recent announcement:

"Executive order directs state to require that, by 2035, all new cars and passenger trucks sold in California be zero-emission vehicles.  Transportation currently accounts for more than 50 percent of California's Greenhouse Gas Emissions."

I may well not be around then or driving a car.  Self-driving vehicles may be most prevalent in fifteen years, or perhaps we'll have combo car/plane vehicles by then a la The Jetsons.  I would be disappointed to miss all that which can be an ageing problem should the grim reaper pay me a visit inconsiderately causing me to miss everything.

The flying car that had intrigued me, the Terrafugia FX, ownership of which was acquired from the American inventors after the business was moved to China is no longer a U.S. option, unfortunately.  The prototype I had seen in a video featured a sleek design with folding wings so the car could easily park in the typical 2-car garage.

However, we may have a flying car sooner than we think as the Japanese have announced having one by 2023.


On a different note, I've encountered another issue for consideration that has come to my attention.  Who knew scrambled eggs were prepared differently by the French, British and Americans?  I didn't, but perhaps you did.  I assumed the way my Mom scrambled eggs as I have continued cooking them was the way everybody did.   So, when I've been displeased with some restaurant's eggs, I've learned it may just be because they used a different cooking method.

Little did I know that my method and tastes for scrambled eggs has been for the British style.  I thought those scrambled eggs I didn't like that I was served at restaurants were lazily prepared -- that they just dumped the egg into the skillet, when they actually were scrambling the eggs American style, but that doesn't make me like them any better.

The Insider article describes the British scrambled eggs as "dry", but I don't experience mine as dry at all.  The American style is really dry, especially by comparison with mine, I think.  As for the French style, I don't know if I've ever been served scrambled eggs cooked in that manner though they sound moist and tasty.  I've not tried cooking any in French style and am not likely to do so -- sounds like more work than I like to do now, plus I want the minimum of cooking utensils to have to clean afterward, so guess I'm lazy in that regard.  What system do you use for the basic scrambled eggs?

Meanwhile, in the White House, I wonder if our leader is coping with scrambled brain disorder that many of his appointees seem to have acquired also, given the thoroughly mixed-up approach to governmental administration to which we've been subjected for four years.  At least one department head with little or no experience in the area to which he was appointed to administer has bowed to the Peter Principle effects causing him to take a leave of absence from his position.  I can only wish his departure will become permanent and a few other unqualified department head appointees would join him, like the Postmaster General and the list goes on.

In reviewing the article about how efforts to overcome the PP issues in subsequent years evolved, the summary culminated in saying followers of such a leader must be "honest and credible" to compensate in order to help their leader overcome his shortcomings.  Unfortunately, honesty and credibility are lacking not only in our leader but he demands his subordinates do and think as he does, so most eventually abandon those qualities to meet his criteria as expected for accepting their appointment by him.  

As long as this federal government administration that makes no pretense about ignoring an ethical and moral, if not legal mandate, to represent all of our citizens, not just his supporters (cult?), remains in control of our U. S. government -- we can expect more of the same chaos and much worse.  Voters have the power to extricate our nation from this quagmire by draining the current controlling administrative cesspool despite our leaders threats of not leaving office if he loses the majority vote.  

SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY.....VOTE.....AID.....ASSIST..... ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO VOTE!

18 comments:

  1. That isn't so much a flying car as it is a personal helicopter. I cannot believe we are in the year 2020 and we are still using fossil fuels. Where is my jetpack? LOL.

    I like custardy scrambled eggs, but rarely eat eggs unless having them as a light dinner.

    Of course I agree with you on the state of our current corrupt government. This administration is blatantly criminal and reigns with impunity, propped up by a complicit AG and cult of wilfully ignorant supporters.

    To say our very democracy and status as a free nation are at stake is not hyperbole.

    We need to send a message to his enablers and vote them all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your scrambled eggs sound tasty. Im not up for a jet pack, maybe when I was younger.

      Delete
  2. Pretty sure I can't make the 2035 date but the 2023 might be doable. I would love to see flying cars and a Jetson future.
    Didn't know there were different scrambled eggs. I am more of an "over easy" person so I rarely scramble. Might check into the different methods though.
    Our government is a cause for constant concern. Lord have mercy is there even one brain or set of morals in this administration? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am concerned about congestion in the skies and haven't heard any discussion about how that will be avoided with skycars.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know there were different ways of making scrambled eggs. The British way shouldn't be dry at all, it should be nicely moist.

    I shall catch up with the candidates debate when I wake tomorrow. Hopefully Joe Biden is making progress after the income tax revelations in the NYT.

    Like you, I doubt I'll still be around in 2035. I can foresee lots of mid-air collisions between flying cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have wondered how the car/planes will safely navigate in the air space, but perhaps technology will be engineered to master that issue.

      Delete
  4. I always seem to agree with all you write. Thanks for your input on my blog and I have already voted. What a scary time to be here in our wonderful country and watch this monster Trump tear us down. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely enough voters are astute enough to cast their ballots to save our democracy, then we can spend the next decade rehabilitating the U.S. government and our planet.

      Delete
  5. I always do them Irish style, creamy (fresh cream mixed in) and moist but never runny. I positively can't tolerate the American/Canadian style, stringy bits falling over on a plate.

    We're a long way from flying cars and fossil fuel elimination.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my own style of scrambling eggs and I now forget where I learnt it. Some salted butter and a couple of table spoons of milk into a hot frying pan to which I crack a couple of eggs and keep stirring the whole thing till fluffy scrambled eggs appear. I can keep it slightly moist or completely dry depending on who eats it. I like mine moist whereas my son likes it dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a flexible way to prepare and accommodate all tastes.

      Delete
  7. I am glad that your air quality is improving. As for scrambled eggs, I just whisk eggs with salsa and pour it into a buttered pan. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salsa would be an interesting addition to spice up the taste.

      Delete
  8. My mom scrambled eggs with some milk. I began using cheese with them when I had a child who didn't like eggs but would eat them them that way. My own preference is scramble them plain or add a bit of cheese. I want them relatively dry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup! Absolutely! We've already voted and brought them to the post office. I didn't want to leave it in our mailbox to be picked up.
    I didn't know we cooked our scrambled eggs in the English style. Thank you for that fun information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, another person learning you, too, scramble eggs in the English style.

      Delete