Sunday, July 04, 2021

FAMILY -- CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE -- AGING

 Celebrating Independence Day -- July 4th!

Let us preserve our independence, democracy, freedoms, by re-pledging our allegiance to the  United States Constitution this year and for future years.

Following the Constitutional Convention in 1787 Benjamin Franklin, one of the founders of our country is reported to have been asked, "Do we have a republic or a monarchy?"  His reply was, "A republic, if you can keep it!"

Our democratic republic was threatened during the previous federal government administration like never before as select officials acted in ways that could be interpreted as violating their oath of office and threatening our republic.  Even now numerous legislators are reticent in defending our form of government.

May we not succumb to being governed by anyone, including a future or former leader who seeks primary allegiance to him/herself,  rather than our Constitution, takes actions to undermine our democracy that leads to establishing another form of government such as an autocracy, monarchy, theocracy. 

Let us remember bipartisan election officials across this nation have unequivocally stated 2020 was our most secure Presidential election so we should reject those false conspiracy theories that state otherwise.

We must persist in establishing true equality for everyone, safeguard voting rights for all without suppressive efforts aimed toward some, despite political efforts and selective judicial rulings otherwise.

Let us continue to pursue social and financial equality for all our citizens regardless of race, creed, color, sexual gender.

May all those who planned, supported and participated in the Capitol January 6th insurrection be identified and prosecuted with preventative actions to ensure such an activity never again occurs.

May American patriots re-dedicate ourselves to supporting and preserving the United States of America's constitution, our democratic republic and our planet's environment.

FAMILY  DELIGHT

We continue having high hot temperatures in our Southern California drought conditions.  Uninterrupted electric power provides much-needed air conditioning I certainly appreciate.  Fortunately, water rationing has not been necessary to date.   

I feel emotionally rejuvenated following a visit the past week with a few of those still living family members who drove halfway across our country to my home.  We always have a variety of frequent virtual communications throughout the year, but with the pandemic we did not see one another in person for much too long.  What a delight to hug a young grandson who has grown immensely since last I saw him as he prepares to enter 5th grade.

I especially benefited from having my son aid me by performing numerous long overdue tasks to enhance my ability to more comfortably keep living in place independently in my home.   There is much more work to be done that will continue to be my focus.  He may be able to return in the future to provide more assistance.  

Unfortunately, aging's effects have slowed my work efforts considerably, including my determination to reducing my possessions, so my progress is slow.  Also, I expect I'm not alone in finding performing everyday necessities I once considered as incidental in life requiring minimal time and effort have now become much more prominent major time-consuming activities.

In the mix for me will be finally getting crowned -- not the royalty variety -- following another earlier root canal.  I will continue my weekly blog post here but visiting other's blogs to comment may be lessened, as this past week, while I order my life a bit more.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to reunite with your family, especially with your son. That can be so rejuvenating and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was wonderful to have him. my DIL and grandson here!

      Delete
  2. Amen on maintaining "our democratic republic and our planet's environment."
    So glad you got to visit with our family and got your son to help with some hard to do tasks. Know that feeling that aging can make jobs we once did with out thought, a project.
    Have a wonderful 4th and hope your "crowning" goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this thoughtful post today, especially what you wrote about independence and interdependence. I'm moved by the thought of you and your son working together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son has incredible patience with me for which I’m very grateful.

      Delete
  4. Strangely enough July 4 is important for me too. It was/is my parents' wedding anniversary. My son was born on July 3 and my parents always maintained that it was their anniversary gift.

    On the 3rd of July this year, we celebrated the 50th birthday of my son about which you can read in my blog. We had a grand lunch with relatives and great food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your July 3rd and 4th celebrations!

      Delete
  5. That's good that your son is helping you with various household tasks. Hopefully he will be able to return and help with a few more.

    How wonderful that you could hug your grandson after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Joared, you write with such clarity and with a deep commitment to our Constitution and form of government that, as I read, I keep nodding my head, "Yes, yes, she's right! She's on target. She's said what I'd like to say, but seldom do because my mind is usually so muddled by ifs, buts, and ands!" Thank you for delineating the future by mentioning the past four years and their effect on our government.

    And yes, this getting older does demand new thinking on our parts and a realization that what once took a half-hour now demands maybe 2 hours that includes rest periods for mind and body as well as deep-sleep naps!

    I hope the root canal goes well. I trust it will. Take care and please know how much I appreciate your clarity, your understanding of the U.S. history, and your ability to write so well about issues that often befuddle minds like mine. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your reaction to what I’ve written. I’m pleased to know you share some of my views.

      Yes, we must allow more time for activities of all kinds and include rest periods even naps sometimes.

      The root canal went well, but have been without a new temporary much less permanent crown ever since. The old crown couldn't seem to be utilized. Then before the 4th holiday my appointment was cancelled due to dentist’s family emergency. I was supposed to get it this week, but mis-remembered the day of my appointment so missed it. I was thinking the day of the week was that of the previous appointment — should have looked at my calendar. Now i have to wait until the end of this month unless they get a cancellation and can work me in earlier. I’m not in any pain but must do my chewing on the other side. Could be worse.

      Delete
  7. A critical analysis of what a republic should mean, its flaws outlined by what happened on January 6th with the perp still at large. I do hope that the original ideals are revisited.

    good luck with the crown and well done by your son. I, too, am requiring more assistance 9and time!) with previously mundane tasks.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, hope we can move forward towards our nation’s ideals. Still waiting to get crowned — end of month now.

      Delete
  8. I hope that your system of government survives the assaults that continue to threaten its very foundation, with many republicans openly advocating a rejection of democracy and working towards a one party state. I have always lived in a parliamentary democracy and the system has worked well. Worldwide there seems to have been an obscene and inexplicable (at least to me) proclivity to elect right wing fanatics, and those whose philosophies smack of fascism. It stuns me to even contemplate that 74 millions of Americans voted for Trump after four years of his lying and incompetence, and that many of them to this day believe that he won the election. There is something amiss in a society where this can happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been as stunned as you that so many Americans followed our previous Pres. In the first place, but to continue to do so is incredible to me.

      Delete