Sunday, November 13, 2022

MIDTERMS -- EAGLES -- DISRUPTION -- INDIANS

 Republic -- "If you can keep it."  [Democracy]

U.S. Select House Committee on Jan. 6th Hearings

DJT, 45TH President, is suing the Committee in what appears to be his classic technique designed to avoid or delay having to respond to their subpoena compelling he testify, initially delayed to ll/14/22 at his request.  If 45's political party takes control of the House of Representatives as is presently expected, pundits expect the Committee will cease to function meaningfully and/or will be terminated since his party has previously declared the Committee to be nonpartisan.    


QUESTION:  Will the top U.S. government officials in the executive, legislative, judicial, other law enforcement individuals including Secret Service, FBI, Police Departments aligned with organizing and support of the January 6th Capitol coup/insurrection/assault ever be held accountable to the American people?


MIDTERM ELECTION RESULT projections as I write this restores my faith the majority of the U.S. voting public is determined to maintain our form of democracy with the current Administration retaining Senate control.  There is much more to be accomplished. 

May such voter numbers increase in all future elections.  This dedication to thoughtfully participate in all future elections must continue in order to preserve our democratic republic based on our current major political parties ideologies.  


So Cal where I live actually received about three inches of rain, more in other communities.  Snow fell in California mountains, including Northern California, earlier in the season than usual, leading us to hope there will be more rain and snow contributing toward ending our drought.

BIG BEAR BALD EAGLES FRIENDS site HERE  you may read the latest report about the eagle pair, Jackie and Shadow, recently observed to have returned to the area.    Likely these eagles may soon begin refurbishing the nest in readiness to hatch a new brood for 2023.  The Friends update (9/29/22) describes all the maintenance and enhancements provided for live 24/7 audio and video coverage of the eagles' nest with a spectacular background view of the surrounding area and lake.

LIFE'S DISRUPTIONS continue for me interfering with my having any semblance of routine.  Annoyingly, to say the least, I'm again periodically experiencing nights when I'm unable to sleep with or without itching.  Early in October I wrote HERE about what I took to be a simple allergic reaction I attributed to Kiwi fruit.  I've not eaten any Kiwis since but clearly my problem is far from over.  Surely there has been ample time for the Kiwis to leave my system.

A pattern has developed with increasing reactions including itchy feelings, inflammation with red rash splotches spreading these symptoms, finally over my whole body this past week.  I did get a high dose flu shot at the end of the previous week but don't think that would have been a causal factor.  Coping with these symptoms, erratically trying to get adequate sleep through varied daytime hours is my priority as I address this not-always-so-mild discomfort while I try to figure out what is the cause.  I think I best wait for my final Covid booster vaccine until this issue is resolved.

Most recently I have begun to wonder if some new bamboo fabric pajamas I began wearing weeks prior to my symptoms might be the cause, so I've ceased wearing them.  I never heard of bamboo fabric much less considered it could trigger such skin issues, but I don't yet know if this is the cause.    I continue taking an antihistamine.  I have consulted with my doctor who was unable to provide a curative medication, referring me to see a Dermatologist which I will do if there is no resolution soon.

The Night Watchman, 2021 Pulitzer Prize winning novel for fiction written by Louise Erdrich captured my attention to read on sleepless nights, selected from my stack of unread books.  Erdrich, a member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, has authored many novels, as well as volumes of poetry, children's books, and a memoir of early motherhood, received numerous awards.  She lives in Minnesota with her daughters, owns a small independent bookstore, Birchbark Books.

Recent news stories about efforts to suppress the native American Indian vote reminded me of this historical fictional story based on the author's grandfather's life.  The story describes Indian life on their reservation, the challenges they face surviving attitudes and obstacles encountered from our government.  They deserve to retain decent productive soil on land where they can live and prosper, keep their culture, language.  All this with individuals lives created are embedded in a story of the true Americans on this land our immigrant forefathers forcefully took from them.  

The Brennan Center explains how voter suppression laws target Native Americans HERE.   These citizens often have to travel many miles to vote, may have few,  if any, ballot deposit boxes they can readily access to name a few deterrents.  Native American voting rights need to be protected by Congressional action with just such a bill defeated in the 2021 Senate.

A political party that actively attempts to thwart citizens ability to vote in our elections through sabotaging restrictions including gerrymandering undermines the basic foundation of our Constitution and form of government.  

FREEDOM -- Jon Batiste

An American singer, songwriter, musician, bandleader, television personality, and Grammy Award winner.

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see the Democrats did much better than expected in the midterms. You never know, that might deter the Election Denier from standing again.
    I've read the Night Watchman, didn't think it was one of her better books, but the theme of native American dispossession was worth staying with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not him, there are others he has unleashed who may be more subtle we must guard against putting in governmental offices. This is all the more reason the House Committee's investigation and findings are needed by the American people so we'll know who to keep out of office if for no other reason.

      Delete
  2. As of right now the House looks like it will flip and I'm sure not happy about that. But I'm happy that more of the Trump backed candidates lost than won. I see that as a glimmer of hope that we can restore our system of fair and peaceful elections and start working to end our tribalism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not pleased either that the offending party that denies truth may take over the House but cling to the hope you describe.

      Delete
  3. So far I have been pleasantly surprised at the election results. I would love a mandate but will settle with control of Senate and a healthy representation in the House. Still could make some headway there yet.
    Ohh, I hate itching. Sounds a lot like an allergic reaction but to what maybe your dermatologist can tell you. I was taking Quercetin for seasonal allergies but that was doing a number on my kidneys. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a good sleep last night but lots of itching in early morning. Can't be sure yet, but am anticipating this is going to go away, finally, and is being caused by this bamboo fabric and the chemicals I read on the web are used in manufacturing. Time will tell.

      Delete
  4. I am loath to giving health advise in the world of the internets but maybe have liver values and gall bladder function checked out - itching can be related to delayed performance in these places. Maybe record onset of itching and time since food intake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand and feel the same way about offering health advice. I'm more and more convinced this is an allergy to bamboo fabric. Reading on the internet about bamboo allergy not only in fabric but many other products presents a whole lot of questions.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to watch the eagles again. They are always a pleasant diversion for me.

    As far as the nonexistent red wave, I am elated. My state is still bloody, but I'm pleased that perhaps the national party has finally begun weaning itself off the radicalism normalized by tfg. He is a loser, and so are his policies and grift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope more and more people finally see the light and rid our politics and government of the thought of jettisoning our system for that radical nationalist extremism with an autocracy.

      Delete
  6. I love Jon Batiste, his energy and talent and overall awesomeness. 45 will stall and win and sue and prevaricate and will avoid all accountability for his criminality.
    An ordinary citizen would be in jail by now. But with his lawyers he can continue on until he's dead. It's a disgrace. And now he's RUNNING AGAIN? Seriously? It's breathtaking how he thumbs his nose and takes so many millions with him.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon Batiste is indeed a very talented individual.

      Really is amazing that so many people buy into that grifter/con man and ever elected him Pres. in the first place. It will be a sad commentary on our country, law and order, and justice if he with others are never held accountable for Jan. 6th -- their efforts to undermine our democracy.

      Delete
  7. I always appreciate and agree with your take on our political situation here in the US. I just cannot for the life of me understand how this man, this absolutely egotistical self-centered con man, has brought us to the point where we are worrying about the strength of our democracy.
    I live in New England and remember being stunned when I saw a Trump sign in 2016. I only saw one single sign the entire election cycle but I was still shocked that anyone had bought into his schtick.
    Boy was I in for a surprise.
    I hope it's the bamboo and your itching has improved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have your visit and comment. I guess we're learning the hard way how many people there are in our country who buy into "his schtick".
      Actually, what I've learned about my skin issue is that food and other items, including the bamboo fabric are not thought to be the cause, that it's likely pollens, airborne issues. I am somewhat better with little or no itching but have a way to go with some continued treatment ongoing -- have a bit more energy.

      Delete
  8. I was fortunate to see Jon Baptiste play the piano at an outdoor protest in Washinton DC so many years ago. The change in Congress means we will look back and punish the Democrats for everything they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baptiste is quite a talented musician and pianist. As for the new Congressional control, most everything they likely will do will be movement backward, unfortunately.

      Delete
  9. I'm happy to see that Merrick Garland has appointed a special counsel to investigate Trump.
    Oh the other hand, Musk has reinstated Trump's Twitter account so that he can continue to spread his poison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting developments on both counts.

      Delete